Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I am going to brag about myself for a bit; Happy Early Saint Patrick's Day!

Hi everyone.  Today our band had a competition, known as SCSBOA Festival.   We performed our three pieces and then had to sightread an amazingly fast piece.  Out of all the bands that had gotten a rating by the time we left, our rating was the highest.  We received a Superior!  Yay!  This is my second superior rating in a row.  Now we will be performing at Regionals.  This was so much fun, however, it was also extremely hot outside. Boo global warming.  Thankfully I was not very nervous during the performance or sight reading.  I am glad we received the rating that we got.  It took much hard work and dedication to pull our band through.  What I am surprised about is the fact that we received a Superior at sight reading.  I thought that I did not do that well on it, but apparently the judge must have really thought we were great.  Ugh, I am making this sound boring.  Well it is late anyway, so I should probably get off and make this more interesting tomorrow.  Anyway, I am also wanting to wish everyone a Happy Saint Patrick's Day.  While I do not think I am Irish, anyone who is Irish may pinch you if you are not wearing green, so watch out!  Anyone who is in Ireland celebrating this holiday, may it be wonderful for you.  Well, I hope that everyone has a great, marvelous rest of the day or night.

1 comment:

Mom said...

We're so proud of you! I'm so happy I was there today to see your performance!
xoxox mom