Monday, January 18, 2010

Banners, My Mom's Cool Jewelry Website, the Rain, Photos, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and Haiti (yes, many topics and a very long title)

     Hi everyone.  I was playing around on my computer, trying to create a good banner, but it did not really turn out that well.  I went online to try and figure out how to make one myself, but none of the blog template explanations made any sense.  Well, I should probably stop complaining now.  I am going to continue to try to make a better banner.  This means one that is free.  However, if I am still unable to make one that looks nice myself, I will just have to ask my mom to buy me one( or buy one with my allowance).  By the way, my mom  also has a website.  She sells jewelry on Etsy.  Etsy is a crafty all handmade website. You sell whatever you hand make, or if if you sell supplies, you would list items under supplies.  It is different from e-bay, because it is mostly handmade, however, e-bay is not. My mom's website name is www.mindielee.etsy.com  I hope the link will work.  (By saying/writing the link, I mean the link to her site.)

      So, today it is raining, and unless we get a rainbow which I hope we do, I probably will not be able to take pictures. However, I did take some pictures on my new camera a few days ago.  Once I upload them, I will put them up.  I have had so much homework lately, so I really did not have any time to put them up, unless I wanted to not not finish all my homework.  Since today is a national holiday(Yay for Martin Luther King Jr.!), I have time to put up some more pictures of the sky and also the floats we saw at the Rose Ball Parade Float.  We did not go to the Parade.  The floats are always left up for a few days after the parade, and so we saw them.  They are so beautiful and are amazingly intricate.  Oops if I already talked about the Rose Ball floats.  Anyway, this is completely off topic, but I  wonder as to why my grammar is seeming slightly weird today.  Maybe it is the rain, or maybe it is just me.  I do not know, but whatever it is, it is annoying me.  I just had to look over this post a little longer than how I normally have to look over my posts.  I am going to post another post about a few other completely different topics, such as one Haiti.  Whoever is there, I hope you will survive, and get the necessary help.  We donated money to Haiti.  More information about Haiti will be on my next post. I hope everyone, wherever you live has a great rest of the day or night.    

1 comment:

Mindielee said...

Thank you sweetiepie for putting in the link about my site. Did you try creating a banner with PowerPoint? Where did you go to do it?