Monday, April 04, 2011

Hope for Japan

Hi everyone.  As most know, a 9.0 earthquake happened on March 11, 2011 (with a massive tsunami happening after) near the east coast of Honshu, Japan.  This earthquake was devastating, even for a very earthquake prepared country such as Japan.  To help Japan, my school has been selling bracelets and shirts.  The proceeds go to the Red Cross.  I am glad that we are doing something to help Japan, because they really need help.  Whether you know or not, earthquakes are still continuing to happen there (mainly off the coast or near the coast of Honshu, Japan).  I hope that the radiation problem gets fixed so that the lives of people in Japan can be without the threat of cancer (radiation causes cancer). They already have to deal with the devastation of buildings and farmland.  Hopefully more people will donate money to Japan.  In a few days I am going to put up another post on Japan with pictures of damage and the science behind why they had this huge earthquake and tsunami on March 11, 2011.  Before I go, I wish to tell all the people of Japan that I am very sorry to whomever had loved ones (or people they knew) that died.  It is terrible that something this catastrophic had to happen--blame it on plate tectonics and our core.  More science later.  I hope everyone has a good night or day, and that the people of Japan get the help they need.


P.S. If they come collecting money for Japan (again at school), I will be sure to donate.  It is always great to help the world in times of need.        

2 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Hopefully the earthquakes settle down soon so Japan can begin to properly fix things. Your school did a good thing in contributing the help.

Sasha said...

Yep. I definitely the earthquakes stop happening and people who need help get help. Thanks for what you said and for commenting on my blog.