Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad's Day!, JD Souther,Karla Bonoff, Kenny Edwards seen on my Birthday

Now I am one year older.  Technically I was one year older yesterday, but whatever.  Yesterday, after we made blueberry muffins and I found this exquisite dress, my family and I went to see a few famous people.  Yeah, I know you probably do not care that I made muffins, but oh well.  We got to listen to Karla Bonoff, Kenny Edwards, and J.D. Souther.  All three of them of them were great.  The lady introducing them could not pronounce Karla and J.D.’s names for anything, but at least she was lively.  Also, we care more about how the people themselves, than the person who introduces them.  I did my best to take pictures, but every time I did, the background came out really weird.  I will edit the photos and post the decent ones (photos) online.  After the performance, all three of them were signing the CDs that they sold at this free concert.  My mom bought one of J.D. Souther’s albums, and told him that it was my birthday.  Then the coolest thing happened:  He shook my hand!  A charming grasp and best of all completely free!  My dad bought a Karla Bonoff CD for me, and she signed it and wrote a message to me.  All three of the performers were very polite, and it was so cool that I got to have their signatures! I will take pictures of the signatures, and post them online.  I am so glad that my mom suggested us going to this amazing, free concert, because if she had not, I would never have been able to see these wonderful people, get their signatures, and shake J.D. Souther’s hand.  This was a lovely charming event, and hopefully there will be more of these experiences to come!  Now that I have told you that, I hope you are not too jealous, if you are at all jealous. Now on to the next topic. 

Before I forget, I just want to wish anyone who is a dad, a Happy Father’s Day!  I hope it is a great father’s day, and if it is not, I am sorry.  May it turn into a wonderful, happy Father’s Day for you.  Wish your father a happy father’s day, if you have one.  Of course, this is your decision.  I am just suggesting for you to do this. May everyone else also have a wonderful, marvelous day.             
     




6 comments:

JD Souther said...

Thanks so much for including me in your blog. It was a pleasure to meet you.

Sasha said...

You are welcome (for including you on my blog. My pleasure. It was a great pleasure to meet you too. Thank you for commenting on my blog. It's so cool that you commented. Also, thank you for looking for my blog and then, on top of that, commenting! Like cherries on ice cream, except that cherries on top of ice cream taste weird( at least to me).I love the look of your site by the way. (It popped up when I clicked on your user name). Just to let you know, my mom has been listening to your live album RAIN all day. I listened to it with her, when I got home from school. I was dancing to Journey Down the Nile. That is such a catchy song. Okay, well this comment is rather long. Thank you again. You are really cool.

Mindielee said...

It is so unbelievably cool that JD commented on your blog!! He's obviously a wonderful person as well as an incredibly talented musician.

Sasha said...

Yay!

lesliemehlart said...

sasharooni!! is it not the coolest thing in the world to have a bona fide artist comment on your blog? i think so, and i think it's very cool that jd souther commented too! LOL!! i find myself sooo amusing! love your blog ,baby girl!!

lesliemehlart said...

sasharooni!!! is it not the coolest thing in the world to have a bona fide artist comment on your blog? yes!! and it's pretty cool to have jd souther comment too. LOL!! i find myself sooo amusing! love the blog, baby girl!